8 TikTok Ads Examples and Why They Work [Detailed Guide]
What makes ads work on TikTok? How can I achieve the same results as the best performing TikTok Ads Examples? To help you get started with advertising on TikTok, we will answer these questions in this detailed guide.
What’s more, we will take a deeper look at the best examples of TikTok ads. By showing you what makes TikTok ads perform well, we hope to help you create ads that generate great results.
Table of Content:
- 8 TikTok Ads Examples Your Brand Can Emulate
- 1. Trojan Brand Condoms TikTok In-Feed Ads Example
- 2. Garnier Waterproof Micellar Cleansing Water TikTok Ad
- 3. Doodle Jamz HQ TikTok Ad
- 4. Angry Birds TikTok In-Feed Ads Example
- 5. Juicleds Galaxy Projector TikTok Ad
- 6. Winter Boots TikTok Ad
- 7. Flintts Mints TikTok Ad
- 8. Gorgius Human Hair TikTok Ad
- An Easy Way to Emulate the Best TikTok Ads Examples
- FAQs about TikTok Ads
Before We Look at the Best TikTok Ads Examples: Get TikTok Ads Inspiration from BigSpy
In the following section, we will look at 8 of the best examples of TikTok ads. While these TikTok ads examples may be enough to help you understand the features that make TikTok ads successful, you may need more examples to generate ideas for your brand’s TikTok ads.
BigSpy’s TikTok Ads Spy Tool gives business owners an opportunity to:
- Analyze the best performing TikTok ads examples
- Learn what’s working and what’s not working when it comes to TikTok ads
- Get the inspiration they need to create TikTok ads
What’s even better, BigSpy’s TikTok Ad Spy Tool allows businesses to get started for free. Start for FREE today and get all the insights you need to succeed at TikTok advertising.
8 TikTok Ads Examples Your Brand Can Emulate
1. Trojan Brand Condoms TikTok In-Feed Ads Example
With more than 1.8 million likes and 125.5K shares, this Trojan Brand Condom ad had an impressive impact. Some of the things that made the advertisement work include:
- Social proof – The Tik Tok ad shows comments from people discussing their problems.
- Acknowledgment – The ad acknowledges its customer’s complaints.
- Solution – The TikTok ad ends with a presentation of the solution its customers have been looking for.
- Length – The TikTok ad delivers its message in 15 seconds. This allows customers to watch the entire video.
2. Garnier Waterproof Micellar Cleansing Water TikTok Ad
With more than 882,000 likes, this is one of the most successful TikTok ads. Some of the features that have made the TikTok in feed ads example so successful include:
- Influencer marketing – In a survey conducted by Mediakix, 80% of marketers reported that they found influencer marketing effective. 89% of the marketers noted that the Return on Investment (ROI) for influencer marketing is similar to – or better than – other modes of marketing. In this ad, Garnier partnered with an influencer with millions of followers. Mikayla Nogueira, the TikTok star behind the ad, has more than 11.2 million followers.
- Targeting – The TikTok ad targeted the right audience. As a makeup artist, Mikayla Nogueira was able to appeal to her audience which is largely made up of people interested in makeup products.
- Showcases benefits – Instead of focusing on the features of the product, Mikayla showcases the benefits. She shows her audience how the features in the product can make their life better. Using a step-by-step guide in the TikTok ad, Mikayla appeals to people who have had a similar problem.
- Perfect timing – Mikayla posted the advertisement on 26th September 2021. This was just four days before the Halloween month (October) started. Since most people do use Halloween makeup on the 31st of October, the influencer appealed to a large group of people at the right time.
3. Doodle Jamz HQ TikTok Ad
Advertising a sensory drawing pad, Doodle Jamz HQ TikTok ad managed to gain more than one million likes. Some of the things that made the ad relatable to users include:
- Getting personal with the audience – Some of the best-performing examples of TikTok ads are those that show businesses care about their customers. The Doodle Jamz HQ ad was designated as a reply to a user. The user had commented, “This would keep me so busy.” The brand created a video showing that using the sensory pads is an ideal pastime activity.
- The ad creates curiosity – The best performing TikTok in feed ads examples are those that make the viewer want to know what happens next. By posing the question “how long do you think this took?” the Doodle Jamz HQ makes the video irresistible to watch.
- Impressive video editing – The video is edited in a way that shows the viewer everything that's happening. However, the video is kept short enough so that the advertiser completes a complicated task in just 40 seconds.
- Good music – Discussing a pastime activity, the TikTok ad example uses hyped music. This is the same kind of music most people prefer to have at a party. This makes the ad very relatable.
4. Angry Birds TikTok In-Feed Ads Example
One of the best TikTok ads examples, the Angry Birds ad gained more than 775.4K likes, more than 3506 comments, and over 3,400 shares. Some of the features that made the TikTok ad standout include:
- It arouses curiosity – A research study published in 2002 determined that curiosity-generating ads increase interest and learning more than advertisement strategies that offer detailed product information. In this ad, Angry Birds is not very clear on what’s happening in the video. For this reason, everyone wants to watch and rewatch the TikTok ad to figure out what exactly is going on in the video.
- The ad is super short – Although TikTok in-feed ads examples can be as short as 5 seconds and as long as 60 seconds, short videos under 15 seconds perform best. This TikTok ad gets its message across in just 12 seconds.
- Creativity – Utilizing unexpected occurrences, this advertisement takes creativity to the next level. While the TikTok advertisement appears to have been recorded in a realistic – non-video-game environment – it creates the illusion that the Angry Birds are talking. This can make people want to figure out how this is happening. This could have encouraged video sharing among friends trying to work with each other to figure out what the video is all about.
5. Juicleds Galaxy Projector TikTok Ad
With more than 3.1 million Likes and 25.6K shares, this is one of the most successful examples of TikTok ads made by Galaxy Projector. The ad stands out for several reasons, including:
- Engaging the audience – TikTok started allowing brands to reply to comments with videos in 2020. These types of video replies allow businesses to get personal with their potential customers – this, in turn, drives engagement. Galaxy Projector made this TikTok ad example in response to a question posed by a TikTok user. This allowed the brand to show that it cares about its customers.
- Effective video editing – As much as the examples of TikTok ads in this guide differ, the best examples have one thing in common – high-quality editing. While TikTok ads do allow the images to tell the stories, the edits move the video along at an appropriate pace. In this ad, Galaxy Projector uses edits to enhance reactions and draw out strong emotions. The theme songs change as the ad theme changes. What’s more, the theme songs are very catchy.
- Length – According to TikTok’s business blog, 25% of top-performing videos are less than 34 seconds long and enjoy a 1.6% increase in impression. The advertiser kept this TikTok ad short. In 12 seconds, the advertiser showcases the numerous options available.
- Full-screen view – TikTok offers an immersive full-screen experience. The company notes that 98% of all top-performing videos on the platform use full-screen video. TikTok notes that compared to videos that fit poorly on the screen or leave empty black space, videos using the 9:16 aspect ratio enjoy a 60.5% lift in impressions. By using full-screen video designed for mobile, Galaxy Projectors enjoyed a great number of impressions.
6. Winter Boots TikTok Ad
A standout TikTok in feed ads example, this TikTok ad gained more than 803K Likes, more than 11.4K comments, and 44.1K shares. Some of the features that led to the advertisement’s success include:
- Curiosity – As noted earlier, curiosity is one of the keys to driving ad engagement. This TikTok ad, takes advantage of curiosity, initiating the ad with the question “Has anyone ever seen boots like these?” This makes TikTok users want to know what’s so special about the boots.
- The “how-to” concept – To create more interest in the advertisement, the advertiser in this TikTokT ad example is guiding TikTok users on how to use the boots. Showcasing all the boot’s special features in real-time, the advertiser creates more interest in the ad and product.
- Hashtags – TikTok hashtags categorize video content so that users can locate it easily. This is one of the few examples of TikTok ads targeting the right audience with the right hashtags. The ad utilizes hashtags like #WinterBoots, #Boots, #Winter, #Snow, and #SnowBoots. This places the TikTok ad right in front of TikTok Users who may be looking for boots to use when walking in the snow.
7. Flintts Mints TikTok Ad
Advertising Flintts Mints, this TikTok ad example stood out for TikTok users to a point where it ended up with 579K Likes, 2,276 comments, and 3,000+ shares. Some of the things that make this TikTok in feed ads example stand out include:
- Solving a problem – This whole TikTok ad is designed to answer a question asked by a potential customer. By answering the question “What pack should I start with?”, the advertisement shows that people are already interested in the company’s products. What’s more, by answering the question, the brand shows that it cares about its audience and customers.
- Clear audio – According to the TikTok business blog, TikTok users indicate that sound is vital to their TikTok experience. The blog notes that brand recall and linkage increase by more than 8x when a brand uses distinctive sounds in its ads. The voiceover in this TikTok ad example is very clear and distinctive. This ensures TikTok users can easily understand what the ad is all about.
- Length – This is one of the few examples of TikTok ads whose length sits below 20 seconds. The advertisement answers the questions fully in a short period. The ad is only 16 seconds long.
8. Gorgius Human Hair TikTok Ad
Working with a TikTok influencer, the Gorgius Human Hair ad managed to get 244.8K Likes, more than a thousand comments, and over 5,700 Shares. Some of the features that made this TikTok ad example work include:
- Influencer marketing – According to Forbes, influencer advertising has been growing at a faster rate than digital ads, with the main emphasis being placed on leveraging industry leaders’ followers to foster business growth. In this TikTok ad example, Gorgius Human Hair did a great job selecting the right influencer. Giordan Simone – the influencer behind the TikTok ad – is a young model with a lot of followers. With most of her followers being interested in wigs and human hair, the TikTok ad targeted the right audience.
- Hashtags – Ths TikTok advertisement is using related hashtags. In addition to using the brand hashtag - #GorgiusWig – the TikTok ad also uses related hashtags like #Wigs and #HumanHair. These hashtags helped broaden the ad’s reach on TikTok.
- Organic ad – Instead of trying to make the advertisement differ from her posts, the influencer has spent her time trying to make the ad look similar to the videos that her audience is used to watching. Just dancing in the video, the influencer pushes the message to her followers without them knowing the video aims to sell.
- Thinking vertically – The vast majority of videos on Tiktok are shot in the vertical format. TikTok users do not expect to rotate their screens to watch the next video in line. Videos using the vertical format enjoy a 40.1% increase in impressions compared to videos using the horizontal or square aspect ratio. By making use of a vertical video, the influencer in this TikTok ad example increased engagement with the ad.
An Easy Way to Emulate the Best TikTok Ads Examples
All successful TikTok in feed ads examples have very similar features, including:
- They all target the right audience precisely.
- They manage TikTok Ad's interest very efficiently.
- They use the right hashtags to reach the right audience.
If you are new to advertising on TikTok, chances are, you do not know how to use the three features mentioned above to make your TikTok ads successful. Luckily for you, AdTargeting.io makes things much easier for beginning TikTok advertisers. With AdTargeting, you get to:
Easily Perform TikTok Ads Audience Insight Research
Without performing TikTok audience research, the likelihood of displaying your TikTok ads to the wrong audience is very high. When performing your audience insight research, AdTargeting allows you to:
Target the Right Audience with your TikTok Ads
- Supplies you with a large number (hundreds) of alternative terms for a specific searched keyword.
- Creates an estimate for the number of people who might be interested in what you intend to advertise.
- Helps you target the most ideal audience using their location, gender, age, etc.
- Helps you find TikTok keywords with lower difficulty but higher search volume.
Efficiently Manage TikTok Ads Interest
- Collect the most suitable listings for your preferred TikTok Ads Interest.
- Export a preferred TikTok Ads Interest in a single click.
Intelligent TikTok Hashtags Analytics
In addition to helping you research your target audience on TikTok, AdTargeting also helps you analyze TikTok hashtags. Under the TikTok Hashtags analytics, the tool offers the following benefits:
- You get to track any hashtag and get a detailed analysis
- AdTargeting has an awesome hashtag generator that helps you find hashtags that have the potential to produce the greatest impact.
- AdTargeting puts you in a position where you can reach beyond your current followers. The tool gives you hashtags with the most influence in your preferred niche.
Monitor Real-Time TikTok Hashtags
- Access the most effective alternatives to your selected TikTok hashtag.
- Know which hashtags are trending every day in different categories.
Are you ready to get the same results as the examples of TikTok ads outlined in this guide?
A new, young voice among aging platforms like Instagram and Facebook, TikTok is a breath of fresh air. The modern social media platform is not just full of energy – it is also full of authenticity and creativity.
TikTok allows brands to let loose and push boundaries they wouldn’t be able to push when advertising in traditional media. However, a common question that new TikTok advertisers ask themselves is “how do I generate results with my TikTok ads?”
This detailed guide shows you 8 TikTok ads examples you can derive inspiration from. In addition to showing you the best examples of TikTok ads, we have shown you the tools you can use to avoid getting average results with your TikTok ads.
FAQs about TikTok Ads
What Are the 5 common Types of TikTok Ads?
The TikTok Ads examples we have outlined in this detailed guide fall in the following categories:
1. TikTok In-Feed Ads
TikTok In-Feed ads appear in between user videos as you scroll through the “For You” page. In-Feed TikTok ads are usually 9 to 15 seconds long and allow businesses to include multiple calls to action.
2. TikTok Brand Takeover Ads
This type of TikTok ad appears upon opening the application. The ad presents a full-screen 3-second image or a 3 to 5 second GIF to a targeted audience. Brand takeover ads are ideal for delivering mass brand awareness and driving direct sales.
3. TikTok Top View Ads
This new type of advertising option builds on the Brand Takeover Ads. What makes the Top View TikTok Ads different is that users are not bombarded with an advertisement as soon as the application opens – Top View ads, however, are usually the first in-feed post after three seconds.
4. TikTok Branded Hashtag Ads
Similar to regular hashtag challenges and trends on TikTok, Brand Hashtag Ads are a great way for businesses to encourage user-generated content and increase brand awareness. These TikTok ads allow businesses to seamlessly integrate themselves into the TikTok community and culture.
5. TikTok Branded Effects Ads
In this type of ad, TikTok offers businesses branded shareable stickers, Augmented Reality (AR) filters, and lenses. Branded Effects live for up to ten days and are a good way for brands to encourage TikTok users to directly interact with a brand.
Are TikTok Ads Worth it?
The simple answer to this question is, yes, TikTok ads are worth it. Some of the reasons why advertising on TikTok is a good idea include:
- The diverse audience – While 41% of TikTok users are between the ages of 16 and 24 years, 59% of the platform users are in other age brackets.
- Versatile ad formats – From Top View ads and Brand Takeover ads to TikTok In-Feed Ads and Branded Hashtag challenges, TikTok ad formats facilitate engagement.
- Increased brand exposure – Allowing users to participate in brand challenges, TikTok enhances brand exposure.
What Makes a TikTok Ad Successful?
Some of the factors that have made the TikTok ads examples in this guide successful include:
- They target an audience interested in what’s being advertised.
- They are created with TikTok trends in mind.
- They deliver the intended message in the shortest time possible.
- They engage the viewer.
- They arouse curiosity.
How Much Do TikTok Ads Cost?
TikTok ads costs start at $10 per CPM (Cost per Mile). In this case, the “mile” is 1000 views. This means that you will spend $10 per 1,000 views. What’s more, TikTok requires advertisers to spend a minimum of $500 on a campaign.
Save 50% on Advertising Costs!
Maximize your ad ROI with little cost! Come join us!Get Started for Free